Two bags I made for my boat over the summer.
Sunbrella, vinyl binding on lid, luff tape (for roller furler genoas) around inner rim for rigidity. Mesh screen in back and grommets in the bottom for drainage. The idea was for a bag for my anchor line, to hang on my stern pulpit -- however! The sewing machines I had at my disposal were not up to the bottom detail I had planned and the bag is much too big for the purpose.
Poor sewing on the back panel, but as a prototype I learned a lot and will try again at some point with my NEW MACHINE!! :D
Dacron sail cloth, new so it's very rigid. Luff tape is used around the edge of the bag for rigidity (Same as not pictured in orange bag). Mesh bottom (rigid Textiline) for drainage. A very successful rope storage solution.